Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Nash lost his 5th tooth...oh and he's done with 1st grade tomorrow

Holy Wow! What a crazy month. It's been super busy but what's new?
I've been very busy with end of the year activities in terms of Nash's class. I have been the room mom along with another mom this year. Nash's teacher, Mrs. Breisch, expects a lot and I wanted to bring my A game this entire year. Who cares if I'm super busy...I want to be involved in my children's school.

So, long story short, I've been crying all week over the most random things. For example, Mike and I were running late on Monday so Mike decided to drop Nash off instead of park and walk in with him. On the rare occasions I drop off I pull up to the curb and literally drop Nash off at school. Well, on Monday, Mike pulled into the parking lot and let Nash out of the car and the kicker was that Nash had to walk across the street by himself (crossing guards were there). I panicked...surprise!!!
Nash made it across the street just fine however, as we pulled away and he kept walking by himself into school my eyes welled with tears. At first I was so overwhelmed with the fact I was crying I didn't understand why I was crying. It wasn't until I could find my voice to tell Mike that I was crying because our little Nash Potatoes is growing up and I've enjoyed 1st grade SOOOOOOO much. It's been a pleasure watching, listening and participating in Nash's growth not even academically but emotional as well. His teacher has truly been a gift. We have all adored her.

In fact, Nash loves Mrs. Bresich so much that he came home today bound and determined to lose his 5th loose tooth before school lets out tomorrow because, "Mrs. Breisch wants to see my toothless smile."
So, I was shocked hours later while tucking Nash into bed he allows me to PULL his bottom right tooth OUT OF HIS MOUTH!!! I was shocked but honestly, it was so much fun and I hope I got some extra Mom points.

I'm hosting an end of the year party at our house tomorrow. Nash's now (almost) 3rd grade buddies will all be over to help him celebrate the end  of the year. It's truly been an amazing year and I just want to warn you all...I'm going to CRY a lot..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the hat Nash