I woke up with the biggest smile on my face this morning. Why? Because my sweet, precious, beautiful daughter, Naomi Kate was turning ONE!!!! I know this past year I have said in just about every post, "Where has the year gone?" but seriously, WHERE HAS IT GONE? How is she ONE already? I remember so much of the day she was born and everything we did leading up to her surprise arrival along with the friends and family visiting in the hospital.
Her first smile, her first tooth, crawling, "mama" and "dada", racing down the hall with her brothers, first bottle, plane ride, first pair of skinny jeans, swim lesson, tears, laughs, giggles, first holidays, first kisses and the list truly goes on......
But what I want to say to my sweet daughter tonight is this---what I remember most is the day I found out I was pregnant with you. I was shocked beyond belief and just didn't think it was possible. Then there was the day the doctor told me you were a GIRL and then the day I held you in my arms and heard your first cries. You had my heart, you had all of our hearts. I've never been more proud to have so much pink in my house, dolls, tea parties with the boys and fur vests! I remember thinking as I'm being wheeled out of the OR after just giving birth to Maverick, "I'm not done" but little did I know just a mere one year and 3 months later I would be holding you. Naomi Kate, you truly completed our family. Never in a million years did I think I would be the mother of 3 children and after Maverick I thought I was done having babies and would never know what kind of girl Mike and I would welcome into the world...and then there was you. Thank you for your smile, spirit, giggles, sassy attitude, willingness to cuddle and rock, the pink we all love as well as those tea parties the boys are starting to embrace and most of all, YOU. I could not imagine a life without you. Our family is better because you are here and I look forward to the future. I"m honored to be your Mommy.
Happy Happy Happy FIRST Birthday Naomi Kate Morrill....may all your dreams come true.
xo,
Mommy, Daddy, Nash and Maverick

No comments:
Post a Comment